Propane Energy and Your Home
Heating the air and water in your home can be costly, but it doesn’t have to be. Many homeowners have the option and the chance to invest in propane gas energy. Using propane to heat your home is not just cost-efficient, but it is a cleaner and greener way as well. Propane energy can be used even when the electricity has gone out, which is why many prefer to choose it over anything else. If you are interested in propane energy for your home, contact Heine Propane. We can help get you a propane tank for your Weatherford, TX property. We’re available at __PHONE__.
Propane vs. Electric Energy
When you are looking into the different ways to power your home, there is often the debate between gas and electric. Specifically so between propane and electric. Depending on your needs and the way your home is structured, propane can be the better option. In fact, propane energy has many benefits that can be advantageous to most homeowners. Comparatively, propane can be cheaper for homeowners than electric. And a great feature of a propane gas system is that you are not out of heat, hot water, or a source to cook food when the power is out. If you do already have a propane tank and have residential propane needs in Weatherford, TX, then Heine Propane is the team to rely on.
Why Should You Choose Propane?
Choosing between electric and propane power can be a difficult one. Electric power sources are obviously more well known and considered a standard for many homeowners. Most homes today are built with electric standards but those can easily be retrofitted for propane. Especially when you work with Heine Propane. Propane energy has many advantages for homeowners, including:
- Low Cost: Propane has often been hailed as the cheaper option when it comes to energy. Generally speaking, it can cost homes about 30% less energy to heat a home with propane than with a typical electric connection.
- Warmer: Even with the less energy being used, your home will actually be warmer. Propane power will heat the air between 130-140 degrees which will much more efficiently heat your home.
- Longer Lasting: Propane heat pumps can last up to 5-10 years longer than an electric pump. They still will require maintenance, but they will last longer because of it.
- Dependability: Electric pumps and appliances obviously rely on a power grid to operate, but your propane units do not. They are safely stored on your property and can still be used if power lines are down.
- Cleaner: Propane has been considered a “green” energy because it can’t contaminate the ground or air. In fact, when propane is burned, it just evaporates into the air.
Propane, compared to electric, energy can be much cheaper and more efficient for many homeowners. Of course one of the biggest concerns regarding propane is, is it safe? Propane is safe to use indoors since there are propane burners and stovetops. But when using units that are not designed for interior use, using propane indoors can produce excesses of carbon monoxide. Carbon monoxide is odorless, colorless, and very toxic. That is why it’s important to be sure you are using propane units specifically designed for indoor use and to have proper ventilation throughout your home.
Propane can actually help your home be a little more energy efficient. It does take less energy to do the same job as an electric heater, but your attic insulation could get in the way of that. A great way to make sure your home is energy efficient through and through is to go through with an attic insulation removal and replace it. Doing so will make sure that your home is efficiently producing and using the energy output from a propane system.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What size propane tank do I need?
- For most residential purposes, a standard 120 gallon tank, which holds about 96 gallons of propane, will be installed. If you need anything bigger or smaller, that can be determined with a contractor.
- What is the average cost to heat a home with propane?
- The total cost will depend on the overall size of your home and how often you are using the heater. But generally speaking, it can cost around $57/a month to heat a home with propane.
- Who installs propane gas lines?
- Specialty plumbers, like those with Heine Propane, can install propane lines. They can also tell you which propane gas regulator is best for your property.
- Will propane lines freeze in the winter?
- If and when the temperature drops below -44 degrees, then your propane lines will freeze.
Contact Heine Propane for Propane Services in Your Area
When you want a quality propane system for your home, reach out to Heine Propane. We are the leading company in your area for any and all propane needs. Our technicians provide readily available services any time of the day. So long as you have a propane tank in Weatherford, TX, you are guaranteed quality, long-time services from us. Call us at __PHONE__ to schedule an appointment today.